why encoder needs intialization

shaan

why every time we download a program to the PLC (Rockwell control logix) we need to intialize the encoder connected on the network.

shaan said:
why every time we download a program to the PLC (Rockwell control logix) we need to intialize the encoder connected on the network.
More then likely when you load a new program the numbers have changed for the encoder data file BUT in any case you should "initialize" or "re-home" to verify the encoder is properly position for the scaling etc that is done in the plc.

sorry.. PC.. the encoder is a increamental pulse type .. network is control net. any further information.. ?
RSDORAN:- can you suggest some changes which will eliminate this .. means re-intialization

There is nothing you can do because the program you download will have the encoder position at what it was when the program was last saved to your PC.
This may or may not be where the encoder is after the download. You have to re-initialise to let the PLC know where the encoder is positioned.
Regards

hi all I have one problem can any body give me suggestion.. I have developed a programme in control logix and hooked up this programme with a panelview 550 ( Rockwell) touch screen. from the touch screen some operation will be made on and off.I put interlocks in the PLC programme which will allow only one operation at a time.But I am not able to put the same interlock on the screen .. mean what I want if one operation is selected on the screen other screen buttons should be disabled at the same time .. can any body suggest something..?

Not knowing how many tags you have, you many be to do this by sending your operators to another screen, this way they are limited to what they can see or in the program latch your input and using N/C contacts lock out the other contacts