WinXP Driver for Medoc 2.3

wabo

Although I can run Medoc 2.3 software on my laptop running WinXP, I am unable to establish communication with the A1S (H) PLC using my SC-09 cable. Mitsubishi tech service told me that Medoc 2.3 only supports drivers up to Win98 SE. The new software GX developer costs nearly 3X more! Is there any way to run Medoc 2.3 (I also have ver. 2.31)running WinXP? Is there a drive I can download?

Virtual PC

I just bought a copy for PLC programming too.
I was recently introduced to the concept of a 'sandbox'.
A 'sand box' is a virtual PC that can be used as a test operating system. When the 'sand box' gets corrupted you just wipe it clean and start again.
This allows one to keep the main operating system safe by only running trusted software.

I don't consider PLC software to be trusted software.

BTW, you set up a WIN98 or DOS Virtual PC on your WINXP system.
Get lots of memory 1MB and hard disk space 60GB.

Medoc 2.3 and WinXP

Tmu said:
Medoc 2.41 version works with XP, It should be cheaper than GX-Dev.

Thank you for the tip. I was not aware of a version 2.41. I will check with my co-workers in Sweden if they can get a copy.

Thank you for your tip. I could also look for a cheap laptop running Win98, but then I'll have two items to lug around. Unfortunately I only have 30GB, of which only half is available. I like the concept of a "sandbox". Would this run on a separate partion of the hard-drive?