Telemecanique TSXASZ401

jolio ST

I do not understand why the clients insisted on using TeleM's Micro PLCs. I take no liking to the software programming (Maybe I do not understand how it works). I can do the digital controls just fine but I encountered a slightly different analogue program method then the usual RSLogix 500 or WAGO IO pro32. The TSXASZ401 goes to tuning the engine's AVR, Load sharing (Woodward LSM), speed control (also Woodward LSM) and last output to a baseload meter. I would like to know if anyone here has a knowhow on using the PL7 pro and can help me with a sample of how to write for an analogue output value. I would be so greatful.
Thanks

Regards
Sherine T.

Asz401

The ASZ401 is a 4 channel voltages output of –10V to +10V

This correspondents with a value between –10.000 and +10.000

Eg.: if you want to set the analogue output to 6V, you will have to write a value of 6.000 to the according analogue output!

The address of the output is determined by the position of the module in the rack (channel)

Eg.: %QW3.0 is the first output of channel 3!

Writing to the module can be done in with an “operate block”

Eg.: OPERATE %QW3.0:=6000

Sherine, why re-invent the wheel? There are heaps of generator controllers that will do this for you without having to write a heap of code and then go and commission the job. Fot example, the Woodward EGCP2 is inexpensive and will look after the AVR and actuator for you without having to drive the whole thing from the PLC. Much easier, a little more for hardware, save heaps on programming time and on to the next job and make more money.

Quite frankly, I do not have time to fool around with load sharing, speed and voltage control in a PLC. Much easier to use a controller, saves me loads of programming time and, more importantly, commissioning time. At the end of the day it costs me less and I make more money, not to mention getting the job done sooner, less stress, on to the next job quicker.

Thank you Leonardo for the guides.

Bob, how I wish I would be the one making the decisions on what to be placed for control and stuff, but I'm only a small fry in the company, my responsibility is just to program, test out the system and do my reports. I'm frustrated but I still can't argue againts the higher operators and the clients.

regards

Sherine T.

More headaches

I have some queries to understand. How do I go about reading from a Power Meter PM500 from Merlin Gerin? I understand that the way to writing the sequence for the reading function on the PL7 goes like this:

READ_VAR(ADR#0.1.1,'%MW',768,28,%MW100:20,%MW250:4)

Given my reading modbus address from the Merlin Gerin PM starts from 786 (dec). Am I correct in my above statement? what does the %MW100:20 and %MW250:4 stands for? and am I allowed to assigned in any available MW I wanted?

My next question is: I need to tie a counter to my analogue output, so I will need to distribute out my counting to varying the output voltage, right? how do I go about doing such a thing?

Can someone help me?? Thanks very much!

regards

Sherine T.

The %MW100:20 says that you will be putting the information you read into 20 consecutive registers starting with %MW100.

The %MW250:4 says that you have reserved registers %MW250, %MW251, %MW252 and %MW253 for monitoring the status (errors) of your communications.