Uploading from Quantum PLC

mugamba

I have a problem with uploading software from Quantum PLC. The PLC is Quantum 140 CPU 213 04. I' ve tried to upload program with CONCEPT , PROWORX32, MODSOFT but never managed to retrieve nothing more than configuration data. I belive the program was written in CONCEPT with the use of FBDs and this is why PROWORX and MODSOFT won't upload (984LL support only). I've heard that it isn't really possible to upload program with CONCEPT if you don't have the original program and if the person which downloaded the program in the first place didn't include IEC upload information (used DFBs, used EFBs).
My question is: Is there anyway to download anything from PLC maybe some kind of a compiled code?

If the program is written using Concept you will probably not be able to upload it. You need to talk to the original programmer.

In early versions Concept only allowed uploading register data and the configuration information. Starting with Concept version 2.5 the programmer was given the option of allowing uploading the actual program. If this permission was not enabled when the program was downloaded then uploading is not possible.

I don't know about older version but in Ver 2.6 SR2 I remember a check box for downloading "IEC data" or some such. It is in the "code generation" options. With this option selected at time of download then addition information which is required to "reconstitute" the code is included. My impression is that IEC memory is used to store this additional information. Unfortunately the IEC memory for code is rather limited compared with the data memory. I have not played with this option since my current project will use up most of the IEC memory for the compiled code itself.

Roy

I know about code generation options, i belive they are only important during download (for including the upload information). Anyway it was turned on during my attempts to upload program but i still didn't manage to retrive anything. What i want to know is: if the person who downloaded the code didn't include code generation options (IEC upload information) is it posible to upload anything from PLC (compiled code or something)?
If anyone knows something about this it would be really helpful. Thanks.