PV+ Alarm Acknowledgement

stonewolf

I'm experiencing a small problem with acknowledging alarms on a PV+ 1000 (3.20.02.42) and RSVIew Studio ME.

I have an alarm list and an alarm acknowledge button on the same page.

For each alarm I have set the Ack connection in the Alarm Setup - Triggers tab to point to a digital tag.

When selecting the Alarm Ack button with the function key assigned to it, the button and the Ack connection are latched in. If I attach a USB mouse and select the button then it works as expected i.e. the Ack value is set and then released.

Does anybody know what I've done wrong or a workaround, so that the Ack value is reset?

PS I'm not allowed to change the PLC software.

Regards
Simon Kennedy

I'd suggest searching this site for a previous post on issues with latching momentary pushbuttons in RSView ME. I don't recall the exact title of the post, but perhaps someone else will be able to give you more direction.

It sounds like the issue may be with the pushbutton, not the logic per se.

Rick