can EZ-Touch communicate with GE CMM311

piscis

Gentleman:

Could you please let us know if the EZ-Touch can communicate with GE CMM311 Communication Coprocessor Module?

I need the port located on the power supply for ladder logic programming therefore the CMM311 is the only port I have for communicating with the EZ-Touch screen.

Thanks for your answers

According to my Automation Direct catalog, the EZ Touch line supports the GE Fanuc SNPX protocol, so it can communicate with a 90-30 through a CMM311 module.

Remember that the CMM311 is only compatible with modular CPUs (CPU311, CPU313 and CPU323 are incompatible) and the CMM311 must be located in the same rack as the CPU module.

Steve:

I'm not sure if the Pin out for both the CM311 and the port in the power supply are the same.

I'm concerned about the Ez-Touch having a cable that will connect to the CM311.

What do you think?

Thanks

Piscis,

I see two possibilities for ready-made cables from AD. Either the EZ-4CBL-2 or the EZ-MITSU-CBL. Both are 15-pin to 25-pin. The 25-pin port on the CMM311 is female, so the cable needs to be male. I don't know the gender of either of the cables I cited, but the 25-pin port on the AD DL405 series is female just like the CMM311.

You can look up which signals are on which pins of the CMM311 in GFK-0356. It looks to me like the RS232 signals are on the same pins on both the DL405 and the CMM311, but the RS422 signals are not.

I don't have any information on the Mitsubishi PLCs, so I'm not going to comment on whether or not the Mitsubishi cable might work.

Kiethkyll,

I thought I had sense of deja vu about this thread.