Panel View RTC Reading

Guys,

I am using a PV600 AB HMI. I need to read the time in HMI RTC from PLC. Is this possible?

Ex. I need to read this @Read_ClockHours HMI system tag from PLC.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sadanand

Why do you want to do that?
Its been a while and I don't remember if PV600 has macros - but you might be able to write a macro and the HMI tag to write to a Device tag.
See help on Macros.

You can do it either way you like. You can display the PLC time on the panelview. Or you can send the panelview time to the PLC. Check out "Status Tags" and "Control Tags" in Panelbuilder32.

Similar problem

I'm attempting to be able to set the Panelview Time from the keypad, and sync it to the PLC. This is to avoid having to connect a computer to the plc and update the time change due to daylight savings time. I don't if it's possible to write to the internal tags of the PanelView, seems like they're read only. Also, I'm not sure if it's possible to send the tags to a MicroLogix PLC to change the time on it as well.

Soulfly,
What you are asking is not difficult. Go to your application settings in PanelBuilder, then look under the Control Tags and Status Tags tabs. You can assign tags to the time and date fields under each tab. The difference is that Status Tags are meant to be read and Control Tags are meant to be written to. Whatever tags you assign to those fields can also be assigned to PLC registers for reading or writing the time data. You could also make numeric entry fields on the screen for adjusting the time. Hope this helps.

-John