Incompatible Processor Micrologix 1200

jimmins

Please help. I am trying to download from RSLogix 500 ver. 6.0 to Micro 1200 1762-L40AWA ser. C rev. E but all I get is Incompatible error. The Force led is flashing. Power on. The toggle button does not bring the DCCOMM led on. I am connected via RS232 Full Duplex and RSLinx recognizes the processor. What else I don't understand is under RSWho in Linx on the left side where it shows the driver name it says AB_DF1-1, DH-485 Is that correct? When I configured the driver i chose Full Duplex under Protocol. Isn't DH 485 different than RS232? why does it show up in the driver name? Should I do a Firmware flash? It says FRN 8 on the side of the processor and number 11 is on the Rockwell site? Thanks for any help.

Ignore that the driver name is "AB_DF1 - DH485". If you had selected a PLC-5 as the Device Type, it would have said "AB_DF1 - DH+". It's the RSLinx driver's way of telling you which device type you are connected to, an in my not-so-humble opinion it should say "SLC" or "PLC5" so as not to confuse the heck out of novice users. The driver really is set up for DF1 Full Duplex, just like you configured it.

Often the problem I see is that somebody will get a new controller with new features and new firmware and try to apply older programming software to it. That older software doesn't recognize the version code of the controller (because it hadn't been created yet !) and generates the "Incompatible Processor" error.

I think that your software might be just a little bit too old to support this firmware. RSLogix 500 version 6.0 shipped in February 2003, but the FRN8 firmware for the MicroLogix 1200 didn't start shipping until November 2003.

The current relase of RSLogix 500 is 7.0, but if you can get an upgrade to even version 6.10, 6.20, or 6.30 you should be able to use that MicroLogix 1200 controller with it.