Screen Saver Help for PV 600 Plus

peng

I have read some previous threads in regards to setting screen saver on PanleView plus 600 (I am using RSView ME and RSLogix 5000).

One of them has suggested the following:

write the PLC code to determine if anything is being done with the panelview. If say nothing has been done start a timer in the PLC and after set time use the PLC to change the screen to any screen you want.

To control the screen remotely via the plc you need to assign the 'Remote Display Number' item in Studio's Global Connections editor to a variable in the plc (data source).

I am wrting my PLC code in RSLogix 5000. But I do not know what sort of activity to look for in the panel view so that I can based on that input activity I can trigger the screen that I need.

Can some one give me some suggestions. Thanks.

Screen Saver???????

Yes I did look at this method. I do not have a copmact flash card with me currently. I can get one for future use. I was thinking of doing with code. May be some suggestions???

I have only done one project with PV+ and 5000 so i am the last person you should ask!!

However i dont see a way of determining if your HMI screen hasnt been used in the last amount of "x" seconds..If you already know how that works the changing of screens is easy..just dont forgt to relese control once the operator has pushed a button..

As a side note..I have 10 hidden screens burried in my PV+ project..these are only accesable by the person who first starts the machine..(A good friend of mine)..When the start button is pressed i change the screen to a menu..Do you want see something..or go back to work..If (LOL.."IF") they choose to see something i change the screen to a page..after 30 seconds that page dissapers and goes back to the main screen..I have the code written that they can only view the "Hidden screens" Once..the next day the screen advances to the next pic..and so on untill the end (8 days) then starts again from day one..

This being said the version i gave to the customer dosnt have these "Upgrades"..so if they ever have to Flash the PV then all this is gone...

BTW a compact flash card is dirt cheep..i think you would spend less on the card and USB programmer than you would trying to create a screen saver..

D

I have done this in the past (PV 600 w/ SLC 5/04 over DH+). All of the bits associated with keypresses from the panelview were in one file. I use the B13 file. And, that is all I use this file for... that way, all the operator key presses are in one place in the data file. Then I had a set of parallel checks to see if any of the words which I was using in this file were Not Equal to Zero. (All the buttons on the PV must be momentary to work but this is usually a good idea anyway). When the timer finally times out, call up the screen saver screen.