how can i connect industrial ethernet from home

tomkens

hi folks
I work in a cement factory we have profibus network and industrial ethernet.all our plcs are siemens we also have a monitoring server and clint computers with a danish software
ECS
please help me how can I add appertunity of connecting to industrial ethernt from home through modem(progrmming plcs from home is enough for me)
please explain me which moudles or extra software I need
thank you

tomkens said:
hi folks
I work in a cement factory we have profibus network and industrial ethernet.all our plcs are siemens we also have a monitoring server and clint computers with a danish software
ECS
please help me how can I add appertunity of connecting to industrial ethernt from home through modem(progrmming plcs from home is enough for me)
please explain me which moudles or extra software I need
thank you

You do the same as if you where directly on the network in the shop BUT you need to know the shop's IP addresses and the ports used by your programming software. In the router you "forward" the comunication to these ports to the relevant IP addresses...

If you don't have Static IP you use something like "DNS2GO" and get them IP updated centraly.

Most people use PC-Aynwhere and hop on a real PC in the shop to remotly used them.

BE CAREFULL, doing remote things can be VERY dangerous.

Monitoring is harmless and usually for troubleshooting purposes.