Siemens S7 and Protool Integration (symbols lost)

kemppioy

Hello,
I have an S7 project that has protools integrated. I somehow lost the symbols in protools so I cannot use them when i add an object and want to select the tagname from the list of symbols. How can I get the symbols back? I tried to compile both the panel application and the plc but that did not help!

Thanks

PK

Terve Kemppioy

Have you already check your connection from OP to PLC? (Protool, Contreoller, Parameters, choose your communication peer MPI/DP) Do this again, save and compile -> it should work.

I have had this same problem couple of times.

Pete

As Pete say, resetting your parameters is the clue to getting your symbols back, but once you've done this you also need to relink them. You do this from the Edit menu, I'm not quite sure what the command is called in English, since I use a German version, but it should be easy to recognise. I expect it will be something like "Relink Symbols" or "Recover Symbols".

If you can't find it, post again and Jesper will be able to tell you what it's called in English (and where to find it I've guessed wrong for the Menu).

Hi RMA

The word what you are looking for is "Restore Symbols". Is it Under Edit menu.
In my experience: When you attach the panel program from "old project" to new project you must do this... Like check your peer to peer connection, save project, restore symbols, and last and finally Save and Compile..

Also, check your PLC hardware and see that you have selected "Networked" = YES, and that they are on the same network,in the CPU setup. By default it is NO. Without networking the PLC and ProTool panel, you will not get the link for the symbols.

[FIN]Pete said:
Terve Kemppioy

Have you already check your connection from OP to PLC? (Protool, Contreoller, Parameters, choose your communication peer MPI/DP) Do this again, save and compile -> it should work.

Pete
Yes that was it! Hey that was simple! More tough question to come!

Thanks for your help!

PK

s7 symbols lost

[FIN]Pete said:
Terve Kemppioy

Pete

Where is this conection set from?

I open the simatic manager, open my project, and double click the operator panel.

Protool opens up, but I do not have the Controller option.

I couldd not find it from simatic either.

The simatic manager still shows the MPI connection.

Thanks for the help.
Mark