Mitsubishi FX64

I need to access the program running in a Mitsubishi FX64. Outputs are not coming on and I'm hoping to figure out why. There aren't any prints or documentation.

I need help determining what cable to buy and what software to use.
Some people have suggested an SC09. Searching on Ebay suggests there are at least 2 versions. The most common is an 8 pin DIN, easy to find for $40 or so. The second looks more like what I think I need, two 25pin serial connectors. I did not disconnect the cable from the PLC to look at it, nor did I closely examine the PLC to see if it had a IN plug.

At the moment (it ends today) there is an FX24 ON MT with cable and software from a seller in England for $200 or so. The cable shown does look like the one I need.

Any suggestions on how to get to see the program would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time and help;
Frank

Philadelphia Frank said:
...I need help determining what cable to buy and what software to use.

Some people have suggested an SC09. Searching on Ebay suggests there are at least 2 versions....Frank

You need the SC09 and this cable permits you to connect to different Mitsu PLC. Its in fact a RS232 to 422 converter. It comes in two pieces. One has the normal DB9 at one end to connect to your PC and at the other end a DB25 to connect to various Mitsu PLC which have this type of connection. Furthermore it has a second length of cable which is a DB25 to DIN6 adaptor (about 1 foot long cable).

When you purchase this cable you can connect to most Mitsu PLC.

So do not be confused by the different connectors, the SC09 has at one end a DB9 and at the other a DB25 OR/AND a DIN6.

You will also need the ware. Use MEDOC which is found on the web (DOS) or GX-DEV-FX or the full GX-DEVeloper.