Panelview uploads

Steve D

I have a strange problem ( Lets just keep this work related however)

I lost the original source file for a 1000e PV. I uploaded the file from the Panelview....no problem.....no errors etc. I can view the pages and configuration just as if it was the file before the download to the panelview. I can download this file to a new panelview no problem.

The problem is if I make a change, any change even very small ones, to the file that was uploaded from the panelview, I can download it to a panelview without error or any AB squak at all......try to initiate communication.... I get a timeout error trying to connect to the ControlNet....However, I can look at Who active and see the node on line apparently fat dumb and happy. Troubleshooting guide says error message points to a cable proplem....NOT or ControlNet too busy.... I don't think so.

Me thinks something is different in an upload file from the panelview then the virgin dowloaded version.

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance
Steve

Precisely what error code are you getting ?

Does the PanelView 1000e use a scheduled message exchange with any of the controllers on the network ? A change to the configuration might modify the ControlNet configuration enough that the network needs re-scheduling. The status of the I/O entry in the PLC-5 or ControlLogix (if in fact you're using scheduled messaging) might give you a clue on this.

If not, then I'm stumped. All the problems I've personally had with PV1000e were due to very noisy and busy ControlNets.

(P.S. you're not out at Plum Creek MDF in Columbia Falls, are you?)

Ken

The error message is:

Cnet01:Remote station has not replied within specified timeout period.

I have increased the timeout from 3 seconds to 10 seconds

This alarm can be found in PLC Communications Problems ControlNet page 8-9 Pub 2711E-6.17

Rack 01 is our processor. There are a total of 4 nodes on this Cnet. A processor, two remote racks and the panelview. It is not a very busy Cnet.
I know our panelviews do use messaging to send packets to other processors...I will check if this particular PV does later today

I am not out of Plum Creek....right now I am up **** Creek. I am sure we all have visited **** Creek before :)

Steve D

Connection setup

Had this same problem a few moths ago after a major power bump. Found that if we set the baud rate lower and at the same baud rate it finally uploaded. There were a couple of other settings that have to be checked in the Terminal configuration menu "Configure Port".