CTRL Logix PLC with EMS RF ID unit

Bill Brasky

Hello,

Anyone familiar using an EMS part:
HS500E Integrated Controller/Antenna
Ethernet Connectivity

I have an app. where using 2 x Ethernet IP cards in a control logix plc and going into Managed switch and then out to 6 unmanaged switches which have I/O, HMI etc along with this EMS RF ID unit connected in the network. Have IP addresses for Ethernet IP card 1 along with RF ID units. Ethernet IP card#2 has IP addresses set up for the I/O, HMI's etc. Problem is when both cards are into the managed switch the RF ID unit time out is at 40ms or more. If I hook up the RF ID units so that they are not on the same network as the HMI's and I/O etc they respond 1-2ms. This is the same using managed and unmanaged switchs. Seems like as soon as there is something other then the RF ID units HS500E in the network the timing goes high. If theye are hooked up all by themselves on the network they respond 1-2ms which is what we want to happen.

Any suggestions of why this wouldn't work?