Help or advice, i've messed up (Siemens AuthorsW)

PCPLC

Hi, sorry its my first post and i'm asking for help.

I was given the task of repairing a PG740PIII at work, it had been abused, was reporting a virus on boot up, a damaged mbr, the CD drive wasn't recognised in windows....the list could go on.

Luckily the PG backup disk and yellow keydisk were found, and i thought a re-install of windows would be a good start.

Format C: and away i went. (you know what i did:()

I have previously used a PG with S5 + S7, but never had to install one before. I thought "just insert yellow disk, run authorsW and be up and running. Counter=0. Oh s**t. Read the help file, i should have transfered the authorisations BEFORE formatting.

Have they gone completley? Is there anyway i can recover them?
Can i get another set from siemens? (how much will it cost) Does anyone have a phone number for siemens in UK?

I promise to read before i do things next time:(

Cheers
Phil.

Phil,

Don't panic, what you have done is not a problem, you can get your keys back with a simple phone call to Siemens tech support, UK.

The only number I have for Siemens tech support in Manchester is 0161 446 5545, I am not sure if that is the correct number for authorisation recovery, but I am sure they will be able to help you.

Paul

Phil,

Further to Pauls post below....the direct licence support management contact for Europe (from a UK phone) is:

TEL: 0049 180 5050 222
FAX: 0049 180 5050 223
Email: [email protected]

Hours 8:00 to 17:00 (GMT +1)

Last edited:
Thanks for your help

We have e-mailed them and recieved a form to fill in with our details and the reason we (I) lost them:( Hopefully be sorted soon.

Can i ask another quick newbie question:

I have found the lead required to connect to our S5 PLC's, but we have recently upgraded (outside contractors) an S5 to S7. What lead can i use between the PG740 MPI port and the S7 PLC?
I noticed the package contents contained a MPI-lead, but i think it has been lost. Is it just a 9-pin lead between PG and PLC? No dongle required? If so what are the pin-outs?

Cheers
Phil.

PCPLC said:
Is it just a 9-pin lead between PG and PLC? No dongle required? If so what are the pin-outs?

Yes, that is correct.

The pins are (I believe) Pin 3 to Pin 3 and Pin 5 to Pin 5.

You can use Profibus cable and connectors to make the MPI lead up, if you have any spare, there is no difference between MPI and Profibus leads

Paul

Thanks again Paul,

A german contractor told me i could use some spare profibus cable, and mentioned two pins to be connected, but i couldn't remember which, or believe his english to be 100% accurate.
Guess i should have listened to him.

Cheers
Phil.

The pins are (I believe) Pin 3 to Pin 3 and Pin 5 to Pin 5.

Hi

I don't want to split hairs but pins are 3(Data Line B =RED) and 8 (Data Line A =GREEN).

Just in case if somebody wants to do his own cable. :)