AB Micro 1000 clear fault

jimtech67

[font=&quot]Is there a way to clear a fault in an AB Micro 1000 without hooking up a laptop and using RS Logix. Cycling power would not clear the fault[/font]

No. No keyswitch. Go online and find out what the error is. Look at Processor Status "Math" and "Errors" tabs. There is probably a programmatic way to prevent the error or reset it.

Edit: There IS a way to cause faults to be cleared automatically:
RUN Always S:1/12
Setting this bit causes the controller to enter the REM Run mode if an unexpected reset occurs, regardless of the mode that the controller was in before the reset occurred. This bit overrides any faults existing at power down.
RSLogix 500 - Copyright Rockwell Software 2000, 2001, 2002

I would NOT do this until I found the source of the error and ruled out all other possible solutions.

Last edited:
incase you have a microview attached to this plc, you could switch the controller to program mode and then again to run mode. THis resets the fault ...

The fault was the following: ( A RET instruction was detected in file 2 ). I found no reason for this fault because there is not RET instruction in file 2. Very strange.

The machine was running for years with on problem then this happened. I cleared the fault and all is well so far.

Do you have any nested subroutine calls?
Or worse, recursive subroutine calls, such as where SBR 5 calls SBR 6 and SBR 6 then calls SBR 5 again, which then calls 6 again?

Last edited:
In addition to Alarics accurate response (and one that makes me think he's overrun the stack in a PLC once or twice), how is your power?
Transient spikes and glitches can definately cause a temporary program corruption.

The program is nothing fancy 20 lines to stop and start 3 drives. No subroutines. My guess is a power power spike or something like that. I was told there has been history of dirty power at the plant. Thanks for all the respones