S5 CPU(928B) communication

Baiju

Dear Friends,

I have an application in which our Scada is communicating to S5CPU 921 and 928B through COM1 and COM2 using TTY/RS232 converters. With CPU 921 the communication happens without any interruption. But with CPU928B the communication stops atleast once in a day. The CPU 928B doesnt respond to any of the Scada quries. I feel the communication port of the PLC hangs. After which i have to remove the communication cable from the PGport and put it back after sometime. If i run the Scada again the device responds.

What could be the root cause of the problem.??
Is this due to a hardware problem?? If so,
Do i need to provide any signal conditioners/ Isolators.??

If anyone experienced similar problems earlier kindly help me immediately.

Thanks and best regards,

Baiju.

Last edited: