Ethernet IP vs TCP IP

Ehternet IP is an Industrial Protocol designed for control.

TCP/IP is an Internet Protocol.

Both protocols can use the same underlaying media.

TCP/IP is a transport layer,

Ethernet/IP is protocol layer that uses TCP/IP as a transport layer.
The same way HTTP, FTP, SMPT etc protocols using TCP/IP as a transport.

Antohter words - TCP/IP is your "telephone line", Ehternet/IP is the language you speak.

And to complete Contr_Comms explanation, the language used is called 'CIP', (Control and Information Protocol).

CIP is also used on DeviceNet, ControlNet and the ControlLogix 1756 backplane. This is why the bridging and routing works so well in the CLX system, it is because the bridge modules like 1756-ENBT, or CNB's or DNB's although they have to manage converting between different network media, do not have to translate between fundamentally different languages as well.