Rsview Studio Tag Renaming Issue

PLC Gremlin

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me if there is an easy way or even a way at all to rename a bunch of tags in RSview Studio 4.0. In the Tag editor it will not let you simply change the name of an existing tag. Would I have to create a new tag and copy the addresses into it or what. Seems like that would be an awfully cumbersome task to perform on a lot of tags just to get them renamed....

any help would be appreciated..
Thanks..

My advice is to export the tags to a CSV file and rename using Excel's find and replace function. Easy and quick, just make sure you export what you have now first so you have a backup if things go wrong.

Hit "CTRL-A" to select all on a screen.... Then I think its "ctrl-T" or "CTRL-R" and a search and replace screen will come up.

Its been a year or two since I used rsview studio so just running from memory on the keys...

hello,
in the rsview software while in the tag database screen. highlight the tag that you want to rename and choose to duplicate the tag, once you do this the tag name section opens back up so you can then change the name of the tag. then you are free to delete the old name tag if you wish.

hope this helps if you are still having the issue.