PID programming

tkswathik

Hi everybody,

i need help on PID loops and designing a ladder logic for the same.

The case is that i need to operate a valve positiion based on pressure on either side of the valve and also the flow through the valve.

can anyody help me in exp the procedure.

swathik.

Most PLCs ahve a built in PID function that you can call from ladder logic without writing your own.

On the physical side, I don't think you will be able to control both flow and pressure drop through a single valve. What is your system doing, and what is the objective?

The case is that i need to operate a valve positiion based on pressure on either side of the valve and also the flow through the valve.

Maybe he meant he is measuring flow by comparing pressure signals on both sides of a valve?

He may need help with the calculations to convert these two pressure signals to flow. I've no experience here but isn't that possible with a consistent product?

If it is, he could then use PID just to control flow.