Plc to plc communication

farooq mohd

hello friends,
i want to communicate between two plc of make GE Fanuc. Model No. IC200UDR010 ,by using RS 485 communication cable.
i am new to the PLC devepolment. i want to know before start to program ,what are the basic things,that i have to consider for PLC to PLC communication.According to systems requirment here are some input /conditon that affect the another systems and behave according to that.The basic details of both systems are given in the attached file.
Thanks in advance.
Farooq Mohammad.

Port 2 on that model can be configured for SNPX protocol as either a master or a slave. You will need to set one PLC as the SNPX master, the other one as a slave. The master PLC will require ladder logic to initiate read requests and write requests to the slave. The slave will not require any additional ladder logic.

Be very careful about how you use the data you exchange. This is serial communication and there could be significant time delays between a change of state of a point in one PLC and when the other PLC knows about it. You should not use it for making control decisions.