Wikipedia - Programable Logic Controller

Steve Crotty

I was looking through wikipedia, and was curious to see what they had for PLCs and was very disappointed with the article.

I made a few minor edits, deleted some complete BS, but it still needs a lot of work. Elegant writing isnt my strong suite, so I figured I would put the word out here for anybody interested.

If you dont already know, wikipedia is a free online encyclopedia that absolutely anybody can edit online.

I forgot to include a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programmable_logic_controller

The main difference from other computers are the special input/output arrangements.The main difference from other computers are the special input/output arrangements.

Thats just one quote that kind of bugs me. If someone really didnt know what a PLC was, what do you think their impression of it would be? A PC hooked up to I/O cards.

Don't get me wrong, there is some good info in the article, I just thought it could be written a bit better.