A/B SLC Checksum

davegr

Is there anyway to read the checksum value from an SLC processor? Ist it stored in the "S" table for instance.
I have two connected PLCs and am trying to ascertain whether the PLC programs are identical.
TIA

What I am after, is a way to read the checksum of one AB processor from another. I know I can see it in the Controller properties tab, but can I utilise the value in ladder? Is it stored anywhere (maybe in the "S" table)?
Anyone know?

I looked ... I couldn't find it stored anywhere where it might be useful ...

just as a workaround, how about manually entering the checksum into something like an integer location? ... you could easily check that value using your ladder logic programs ...

and yes, you'll have to remember to manually "update" the checksum each time it changes ... but maybe this approach will answer your purposes? ...