PLC2 Software

stupidav

Does any one know what happened to www.austglobal.com. They used to make an afforable after market software for the PLC2 along with a cable that will run under Windows. For that matter does any one know of another company that makes software for the PLC2. The software is still available through AB for only $11,000.00us, which is what they could buy an new machine for.

I have a customer who is down because they lost the program, when they lost the Power Supply for a PLC2/05. they replaced the Power supply and and the battery in the processor, and everything looks fine now, with the exception that they need the program reloaded. We have the program on Disc but don't have a computer or cable to do it.

I know upgrading the unit would be the best scenerio, but this is a company that doesn't even know if they are going to be around in another year or two. So investing in an upgrade at this point is not an option at this time for them.

We had this happen at one of our plants before and our long term solution was to replace the PLC2 but for the short term we contacted our distributor and they loaned us an old "laptop" with the necessary software and cables.

I would check with local distributor or local integrator. They could come onsite and load the program. Another option would be to mail the processor to someone with a PLC2 rack and software and have them download the program, then ship back.

Last edited:
you can get the pin out from Rockwell download
by the way it's RS422 either 4 or 6 channel
I made my own cable but that was years ago so I don't remember the details
I use an RS232 to RS422 converter and a custom cable
I made up this pin out list if it helps

Cable & Software $485. The software is pretty crude and very limited, but it can get you out of a jam. Be advised, it can't open files from other programming packages, you must first upload from the PLC and save, so if the PLC memory has lost the program this won't help. We purchased it in advance a few years back and uploaded everything. That turned out to be a good thing about a year ago.

Last edited:
you can get the pin out from Rockwell download
by the way it's RS422 either 4 or 6 channel
I made my own cable but that was years ago so I don't remember the details
I use an RS232 to RS422 converter and a custom cable
I made up this pin out list if it helps

Thanks Gary... is there a typo in the document? It shows 15 twice in sequence, is one supposed to be 14?

Do you have a BnB part number per chance?

you are right Byron it should have been 14 I need to be more careful
the PLC2 programming port is a 15 pin connector

The converter that I use I have had for many years I think over 15
I actually have 2 and 2 cables one longer then the other.
I don't have a part number but I did go out to B&B and checked and the 2 I have are no longer in production but I have attached the manual for the one that will work you need 6 channels for it work.
the one I use has 25 pin RS232 and 25 pin RS422 I just use a 9 to 25 pin adaptor. there is a data sheet from Rockwell that I used to make up my cable I will keep looking to see if I can find it and sent it later
I have been using mine for years with the Icom A.I. software
I hope this helps