Need help configuring 1769-HSC with ML1500

ryanar15

Hi folks...I need some help getting a 1769HSC configured correctly.

Here is what I need, in specific: I will need to use a directional counter, and I also need to get an active RATE count (not just a number of counts) to be dropped on to the serial port (eventually). Right now I'd be happy with a valid configuration.

I followed the instructions in the 1769HSC Programming guide and was able to monitor the CurrentCount/CurrentRate words, however when I tried to configure it past the example given in that guide, I get nothing but faults.

If I set the Update Time to anything other than 1 I get a fault. I've tried 10, 20, 60 and 100. All faults (no other parameters changed).

If I set RPM Scale Factor to anything other than 1, I get a fault. I've tried 60. No other parameters changed.

I'm using an ML1500 with the 1764LRP processor and the -24BWA control unit.