Simatic S7

Sorry, the pic didnt attach, error below.

LAD/STL?FBD (30:25)

The block cannot be written to because it is opened at the moment
by anther application or another user.

Unless some of our gurus have a better idea I've a horrible feeling you're going to have to reinstall something here - possibly S7 complete.

It looks as though S7 thinks that OB1 already exists and is open, so it can't create the new copy. If the problem is in the registry you may need to de-install everything first and sometimes even that isn't enough, you need to play around in the registry by hand.

Let's hope somebody has a better idea!

I'd reinstall it anyway - you could check that the path wasn't messed with when you upgraded to ALM ? (is this what happened?) S7 , and for that Rockwell has big problems with a path over I think 255 characters long , and strange things can happen .As a for instance , I have to start up the download manager in Flex , just once externally from flex , then it will work , I should bite the bullet and do a full clean install (I do have a ghost of the hard drive) - but it is rather like getting teeth pulled .

Believe me , there is nothing worse than S7 munching up a big project when you have no back up , or one that is loads of work away . I could tell you stories that would make your hair curl......