Data Acquisition - Slc 5/05

PLC_JR

Looking for Data Acquisition software PC based that can collect large amounts of data and manipulate it for various graphs and reports. Must interface to a Slc 5/05

The system consists of a Slc 5/05 with Analog Card controlling a mechanical component life test machine. The system will require taking 20 samples of an analog voltage over 1 cycle. The 5/05 will trigger the system when to collect the data, which will be at specific times during a cycle. There could be as many as 200,000 cycles. One cycle is approx. 1 minute long. The data acquisition system will interface with the Ethernet port on the Slc.

One very common solution we use because of the ease of modification is something called I/Gear (www.igearonline.com) and then we use the built in reporting services that are supplied with Microsoft SQL Server (http://www.microsoft.com/sql/technologies/reporting/default.mspx).

This gives all the process engineers access to the data through a web based interface and the reports can be exported to different formats through the web interface (PDF, Excel, Word, XML, etc).

If you have a liscense for SQL Server 2000 or greater this would be the most cost effective way to go since the liscense for the reporting services is included.

Darren

Last edited: