Fault Acknowlegment with Simovert

Prince

With the Help of my friends here in PLCs.net at last I did the commisioning for 6 Motors Synchronization using Simovert MC. Now I just Have one problem...

for fault acknowledge I need to give the maintenance team the ability to acknowlege faults for all 6 inverters pressing Just one key. I used the Dig in 6 and put it as one of the refferences for Fault acknowledgment. when I did the parametrization it was working ok. But after that when we press the Key it just acknowledge the inverter which is being Monitored by the OP1S. The reset button on the OP1S is still working...

Further more the key works in some of the Times. We checked the electrical throughly It is OK.

Can anybody Help me about this?

Question 1: How are you resetting your fault acknowledgement command?

It sounds like you are using a digital input to the drives to actually take the Fault ACK command.... I've done that in the past, and because of some oddities I've never actually bothered to figure out, sometimes it wasn't read by Siemens drives, Sooooooo....
I now latch a 'FaultReset' bit, and use that to enable a free-running timer, that pulses the 'Fault Ack' output to each drive twice a second.

When all drive faults have cleared, I reset the 'FaultReset' bit.

I've had to do this using both digital inputs, as well as Profibus. It seems that if a drive is in a fault condition, it won't reset until it is ready to (usually at zero speed, stopped, and with fast-stop clear).

I don't quite understand your problem yet. When you say pressing one key, where is this key ? What is controlling the signal fed into dig in 6 ?
You have 6 MC drives, how many OP1S's ? How are they connected ?

Dear Simon

The way I choosed is to press the key which energise the coil for a relay with a NO contact for each inverter (6 NO for all). I am using one OP1S for all my Simovert inverters and I found it very wiered cause if I change slave to one of the invertors from USS the Selected one can be Fault cleared by the Key...

Others Seem to me as cleared but coming back to fault. I mean the Basic Panel blinks for just a second but come Back to the fault. but it can be reset by changing Slave and reset Key on OP1S.

Dear Rdrast

I checked the way you told me for one of the inverters but it did not work.

Just some more info required, what fault is being reported ? For example, I have found F051 cannot be reset using the fault reset function.

What are parameters P565, P566 and P567 (the source for fault reset) set to ? Are you switching parameter sets ?

Last edited:
As usual I am confused. Acknowledging a fault and CLEARING or RESETTING a fault are 2 (possibly 3) different things. Acknowledging usually just stops an "alarm condition" but the fault may still have to be reset. Depending on the type of fault the acknowledge may allow it to run but a MAJOR fault like an OVERLOAD etc could require more action. With some systems there may be a fault buffer (faults stored) and if too many faults or a certain combo of faults are listed it acts similar to a major fault condition.

I do not know Simovert and the above is just general knowledge of most drive systems...ie certain faults will not clear until the fault condition(s) are removed.