505 Replacement: CTI-2500

Ken Moore

Lifetime Supporting Member
I visited the CTI website: http://www.controltechnology.com/

At first glance, I tought the new Siemens 505 replacement had finally been released, but after reading a bit, I noticed the words "will bring" not "has brought".

Any TI/Siemens 505 users have an expected release date? I have a couple of upgrades coming up and was hoping to utilize the new processor. I spoke with a CTI rep. last fall and the new line is supposed to be faster, cheaper, etc....
Plus since Siemens officially stopped production, 505 prices have gone up a great deal.

Siemens 505 support

I have been trying to nail down when these processors are going to be available for a while now. I talked to a guy with CTI who said there were "legal issues" pertaining to the launch. That can't be good. He said off the record that it might not even be this year. I have spent the last couple of years stocking up on Siemens 505 family equipment and have a pretty good inventory if you are looking for some parts. Let me know what processor you would like to upgrade to and also what you are pulling out. Maybe we can do a little trade-in deal.

I'm also waiting for release of the CTI-2500. I spoke with CTI today and their rep is bring a CPU over for me to look at next week (Feb 15, 2006). They are scheduled to release 50 BETA test units around April or May 2006. They are trying hard to have a product that's 100% ready to go when it hits the market. I've kept in touch with CTI on a regular basis and have not heard of any legal issues that are holding up release of the product. I think it's more a matter of having their product thoroughly de-bugged before they start selling it. With exception of the CPU, you can buy every thing you need for a 505 from CTI. It's all good equipment too.