Software for DL20 DataLine Display

hitesh

Hi All,

Has anyone got software for the old Allen Bradley DL20 Data line displays. These are obsolete now and I need to replace the unit. Anyone ???

If you need to replace it, try upgrading to an InView 2706-P22R.
This are the next gen versions of the dataliner series.

The cutout for it is the same.

Look at Vorne industries. Much better product. Much less expensive. We replaced all of our DL30s and DL40s with them. We used to have a DC output card with a bunch of wires going to the DL30s parallel interface to select canned messages. The vorne will do the same thing. The vorne also has a serial interface with a built in RS232 to RS422 converter. That allowed us to string 4 displays from a PLC5 ch0 and get rid of 4 DC output cards and a bunch of wire and replace it with a little ascii programming and simple 4 wire cabling. Now we can send variables to display product data, alarm values, the time ... and these can be embedded with the canned messages. The versatility of the Vorne is very well thought out.

These were about 1/3 the cost of a DL40 when we switched about 7 years ago!

http://vorne.com/message-displays-2100ser.htm

Do you still have the data/messages from the old DL20 available to upload or in hard copy somewhre?

I beleive the DL20 software only comunicates through comm port one, maybe comm2.

These used to be abundant on ebay, but looks like someone has been snappping them up as fast as they come up. I had to replace one about 8 months ago and it was not cheap. If time had permitted, I'd have used some other HMI/display device, but something needed to be done now.

Check your PM messages.