Step 7 programming help

JIMCON

Hello.

Im sitting here and trying to reprogram an old S5 program to S7..
But im a bit confused now cause the S5 got something called PB (ProgramBlock) is it the same as FC in S7 ??

JIMCON said:
But im a bit confused now cause the S5 got something called PB (ProgramBlock) is it the same as FC in S7 ??

Yes, you could say they are the same.

Have you used the S5 to S7 program converter facility in Step 7, or are you doing it all manually?

Paul

I converted the S5 program with the converting program. And I followed the steps in that step by step, Help PDF. But that diddnt help much. So now i decided to just import the symbol list and remake allt the OB´s and FC´s etc. Actually im not really sure what I am doing right now. but i hope I end up somewhere with this.. Im not so fam with Siemens stuff..

The program it self is not so complicated. The only thing I am worried about is the programing for the communication with Profibus FMS..

Last edited: