C-more Hmi Software Communicating With Ge Fanuc 90-30 Help

HELLO AGAIN ALL,

Let me start by saying, I am a Manufacturing Engineering Manager who greatly misses his Controls Engineer! I am learning (and excited about it) but please forgive my ignorance!

I am working on programming my first touch screen HMI using Automation Direct C-MORE software. I am going to be exchanging information with a GE Fanuc 90-30 364 CPU that controls a rotary thermoforming machine.

Does the simulation option actually communicate with the PLC or is only to help check that your screens are functioning correctly?

They only list SNPX for their communication protocol. Does anyone know of a SRTP or EGD driver for their touchscreens/software?

Thanks!

The simulate option does not communicate with the PLC. It only allows you to view how your screen is going to function. It throws up a table of the Tagnames in your screen to allow you to manipulate or view the values of the tags in your screen.

The only screens that I have seen using SRTP or EGD are the Quickpanel line, which is GE's own line of OIT's. I've noticed that the C-More line of panels support Modbus TCP but I haven't tried to get one talking to a 90-30 yet.