Wonderware Support/Upgrade Policy?

harryting

Lifetime Supporting Member
Here's the scoop, there used to be a WW installation here a long long time ago. The program and the software itself has long been lost. All I got is a WW "key serial number" and an Intouch 4.0 "PEC" code.

Anyone know off hand what WW policy on possibly upgrade an out of support software is?

being direct to the point ww will sell you an entire software package,upgrades for a version that old isn't gonna happen. your best bet would be to check at hmi/scada vendors and compare what you need for i/o tags and purchase a new package based on your needs and budget.

It would be worth your time to check with your Wonderware distributor. InTouch 9.5 is out and they are offering (as they always do) a discount up to 50% on upgrades. Although you are using a fairly old version, so I wouldn’t expect a 50% discount.

You should also know that you can save some money on InTouch licenses if you already have or purchase your own IO server. You can order an InTouch license without an IO server license.

Also depending on your set-up, you might be better off going with InTouch for Terminal Services. This will allow you to purchase runtime licenses for the maximum number of concurrent users using the system as apposed to the number of computers InTouch is installed on.