Panelbuilder installation question

I believe it still works as a full version, only problem you face (If I am not wrong), is the project you build won't be able to opened or edited by others.

I encountered something like that, when a vendor passed me a copy of his project. Good Luck!

As long as you have a license for PanelBuilder software, you will be able to use it with the "serial number" you entered.

Of course, that serial number is not in support...

Rick

Where did you get the serial number?

I already have PB32 at work, but intereseted in this D/L from RockwellAuto for myself.

The serial number is a "dummy" 10-digit number that allows the software to be installed. A valid software serial number is required for technical support, and it should be entered when installing the software so that the Help - About menu shows the correct serial number (for reference during support calls).

That being said, it appears that dalem's request is coming very close to crossing the line of piracy. Under Rockwell's licensing structure, the software can be installed on multiple computers (i.e., work and home), but the activation can only be used to run one copy at a time, and should be managed properly. (I apologize in advance if this was not dalem's intention, as it was not clearly expressed.)

In short, the software can be *installed* using any 10-digit number, but the activation determines whether the software is legitimately licensed.

Hi everybody.
When I installed the software it didn´t ask for any activation key just the serial number.
So if it is a full working version, would it be illegal to use it in a real application withuot buying the software?
what is the Rocwell A. purpose in having that dowload?

rgurin said:
That being said, it appears that dalem's request is coming very close to crossing the line of piracy. Under Rockwell's licensing structure, the software can be installed on multiple computers (i.e., work and home), but the activation can only be used to run one copy at a time, and should be managed properly. (I apologize in advance if this was not dalem's intention, as it was not clearly expressed.)

In short, the software can be *installed* using any 10-digit number, but the activation determines whether the software is legitimately licensed.

In shorter short, I had no intentions on piracy. I've never seen RS post an application like that for public download and was wondering if RS also offered the serial out, either by registering on line with them or such. I do have a registered PB32 at work and if I intended on taking something illegally, I'd just copy that disk and use the serial from work.