Remote PLC Input short?

Fred Raud

have a 5/03 Allen Bradley processor with a remote rack in one of my washdown environment rooms,,periodically out of the blue,,on the adapter,,i get a fault,number 333 on the display,,it started happening only about once a week,,then uped its frequency to a few times a day and after pulling everything in the room apart determined it to be water/food in one of the actuators,,2 days later,,same problem,,took the actuators apart,,blew them out,,reset,,and no problem for another week or so,,now about once a week we get the problem,,do the same routine(take off covers,,blow out equipment,,reset and run),,but now we dont find the water we did before(since we have now taken measures to prevent/control it),,so im not really sure that we are fixing anything,,or just resetting and going,,

we have the same system almost identical in 2 rooms,,and only one room is giving the problem,,there are quite a few pneumatic solenoids,,actuators,,lights,,etc for outputs,,and micro switches in actuators,,estops,,on/off buttons, for discrete inputs and rtd's for analog inputs,,(this is off the top of my head,,its almost 5 am right now),,

im doubting my problem is in any of the analog inputs,,or connections to the panelview,,and ive sat there for hours watching the rack for inputs or outputs to come on to lead me to the problem,(periodically we get a flash on the outputs leading us to believe something is shorting out so we have all taken turns watching to see what triggers the flash),

so where im at is looking for a way to troubleshoot and force it to mess up on a down day,,any suggestion on how to safely load down the inputs and outputs to try and figure out which may be the problem,,if that is indeed the problem,,i have searched high and low for the 333 fault,,and come up with nothing,,so maybe its something unrelated to the inputs or outputs,,

any thoughts??

Fred Raud

1747-ASB_Error_333.JPG

well,I kind of figured it was a fault of that nature,,but im still trying to find the cause and am figuring the fault is just a symptom,,any ideas on checking inputs and out puts to rule them out as possible problems to cause this?

Fred Raud