Mitsubishi keyword help

exiled

We have a mitsi fx128mr that has been keyword/password protected (The original installer has now gone bankrupt, another company bought their stuff/jobs ect, but they refuse to give us a copy of our original program unless we take on a service contract with themselves!!!!)

Now to my question
The plc in question has a eprom installed, can we just take this eprom out and stick it in another plc and everything work fine? or is the keyword saved to the eprom itself can we make a back up of the eprom? or plc ect

cheers guys

Every PLC I've used with eeprom will load from the eeprom just by virtue of putting it in the PLC.

Is the service contract that expensive/not worthwhile to risk it?
How many bags of $$$$$ will your company lose if it fails vs. buying the contract with the new company, as distasteful as it may be.