Water resistant junction box

Prince

Unfortunately we have problem with our newly purchased machine from a remote manufacturer. The prob is the water getting inside the junction boxes. It seems that the Rating IP56 is not enough for the purpose so I am searching for ready made cover or boxes for complete water resistance. Can anybody help?

Before getting too far along the replacement path, what exactly is the environment of this machine? Is there direct moisture application? Larger temperature changes? Knowing more about your environment goes along way toward effectively answering this question.

Also, how are the conduit connections made? Are there any in the top of the boxes? If so, changing the entrance points to all bottom and side entrances might help.

Dependent on the size of the enclosure and what is in it , you may also consider packing the box with "compo" , which is a bit like pyro gland packing - there are times when it is almost impossible to waterproof an existing installation .

IP56 (as stated) or IP65 ????

Maybe get a IP67 / IP68 rated box ?

In any case, if ya can't keep the water from comming in, put in a drain to let it out.