Remote Programming and Monitoring

Boyko

In the Omron's manual I've read that the PLC can be programmed and monitored remotely through a modem or Controller Link network.
Can you recommend a modem (manufacturer/model) for doing that.

If cost is an issue then get a USR56K external. It works the same as any other modem.

You will have to set it up but after you've done it once you'll not need to re-learn this again.

Pierre said:
If cost is an issue then get a USR56K external. It works the same as any other modem.
QUOTE]

Very true Pierre,
The Westermos are not cheap, but they are industrially 'ruggedized' (is there such a word?), and galvanically isolated, so well suited for life in a control panel.

Similar Topics

Does anyone have any experience of using an ***** Flexy for remote programming/maintenance of a Codesys based controller? Rather than using the...
Replies
Views
It is just me, or have other noticed that theyre more comfortable programming devices that they can see, as opposed to devices they can't see? The...
Replies
Views
I love the fact that the Click from Automation Direct is a simple low cost PLC with great Windows software. However, the embedded solution we...
Replies
Views
Haven't had to do this before. Can anyone tell me the procedure to setup remote programming of a micrologix 1400 with RSlogix500 micro. PLC unit...
Replies
Views
Hi I am looking into remote access for modifications/ customer support. I will not be able to VPN so am considering 3G connection with a remote...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom