comm problem

Conrad Black

Hi folks,
i want to link my micrologix 1000 to a dh485 network. On that network, there is panel view 1000 and slc 503. slc and pv pass trough a 1747-aic to communicate.

slc503 to 1747-aic to 1747-aic to panelview 1000.

Now, i want to put a 1761-net-aic on that setup. I connected that net-aic with port 3 to the slc but DATA LINK error appeared on the panelview.

I checked termination connector... seem correct.

the SLC can be in the midle of the network or must at one of the end terminal.

Any of those devices can be anywhere on the network, as long as they all have unique Node addresses. Daisy-chain some Belden 9842 cable from the removable terminal block from one of your existing AIC's to the removable T.B. on the Net-AIC, then connect the Net-AIC to your ML1000 with a 1761-CBL-PM02 cable.

i did

That's what i did, but it seem that i'm missing something. I used the terminal connection diagram on AB.com. Maybe their are wrong? i don't know.

continu

Without node setup, there is another setup to verified?

Micro is node 18
panel view node 2
slc node 1

When i connected my micrologix, i got DATA LINK ERROR on the pv and 485 light flash on slc.

network is

micro TO net-aic TO 1747-aic (slc connected in) TO 1747-aic for panelview.

What wrong with that?????

continu

Ok, my dh-485 network works fine but only if my panelview 300 is disconnected from the net-aic.

That pv300 is connected on port 2 of the net-aic and micrologix on port 1. Both are link at 19.2K

The pv300 run fine if the dh-485 is disconnected at the net-aic. But, for micrologix, there is no problem with or without dh485.

Pv300 can be connected on dh-485 network passtrough net-aic???

There is a difference between port 1 and port 2 of the net-aic????

Should i connected pv300 on port 1 and micrologix on port 2???

Is it a PV300 or a PV 1000? You said it was a 1000 in your original post. If it is a 300, is it a PV 300 or PV300 Micro? Better yet, post the full part number of your PV here (i.e. 2711-XXXX). Either way, if it is a DH-485 over RS-232 type, you should be able to use either port on the AIC+. Error 616 "DATA ERRORS ON THE LINK" is usually associated with Node conflicts, baud mismatches and faulty wiring.

other pv

Sorry, there is pv300 too on the network, but i found how to fix my problem. It's a df1 full duplex. I must change de firmware...