ULTRA 5000 AB Drive

You need A-Bs Ultraware, not much good without it. It has the C editor and compiler to make programs. A null modem cable connecting to your laptop and the Ultra's com port will get you connected.

jstolaruk said:
You need A-Bs Ultraware, not much good without it. It has the C editor and compiler to make programs. A null modem cable connecting to your laptop and the Ultra's com port will get you connected.

Sorry, I edited my previous message with the statement that you'll need a null modem cable to connect.

I know I should look first, but I thought this was a straight through serial cable. (Not null modem cable.) I have a manual somewhere for the older BRU series drives, but can not find it. May have been crashed with my old Thinkpad.

For the Ultra series software to find/detect the drive, make sure RSLinx or other program is not currently using the comm port in you lappy.

dalem said:
I know I should look first, but I thought this was a straight through serial cable. (Not null modem cable.) I have a manual somewhere for the older BRU series drives, but can not find it. May have been crashed with my old Thinkpad.

For the Ultra series software to find/detect the drive, make sure RSLinx or other program is not currently using the comm port in you lappy.

The only reason I pointed it out was that I've got a couple of Ultras on our floor now and I started with a straight pass-thru and had to put a null-modem adapter on it to communicate. Otherwise, I'd recommend having one of each handy and keep trying until it works.

rodter, there is a communications options dialog that is accessible from the menu that allows you to narrow the communication searches down to a specific product(s) and addresses. you may want to check to see if that is setup correctly. Also, check the slave address on the Ultra's front panel to verify its within the range of the dialog settings.