ge 9030

jimcav

Hello

Well it has final happened, the customer will not change the spec.
they want to use a ge 9030 and wont buge. I have not used a 90 30 since the dats of logic master. Can anyone tell me the want software is used to program the units and if there is a trial version some ware on there site.Is it much different then rs logix 500.

Thanks
Jim Cavanaugh

the last time I dealt with GE, I used VersaPro...extremely close to RS500. There is newer software, but I'm not familliar with it.

The latest GE software is Proficy. I think they also offer Cimplicity. Logic Master was DOS only and I think it is long gone.

I have alsways liked the GE 90-30. I don't know about Proficy, but in general the logic is similar to A-B SLC platform. The bigget difference is that the data structure is fixed. You can't for example create customized files for intergers like N90, bits like B22, etc. Instead the memory allocated to integers and data, like %R1005 or whatever, is fixed per processor.

The 90-30 is a robust and flexible platform. You shouldn't have too many problems adapting.

The current programming software is called Proficy Machine Edition. You may also hear it called Cimplicity Machine Edition. Those are the same thing, but don't confuse Cimplicity Machine Edition with Cimplicity Plant Edition which is HMI/SCADA software.

The part number you'll need for programming the 90-30 is IC646MPS001. There is no trial version available on the GE Fanuc website, but if you talk to you local distributor, he'll probably give you a CD with the software on it. Install it and it will run for four days without licensing. The four-day trial is fully functional. After four days, you will have to license it in order to download any files you've created to the PLC. Alternatively, you can uninstall it and then reinstall it. The uninstall/reinstall does not delete any application files and it gives you a fresh four days.

If you have any old Logicmaster files, they can be imported into Machine Edition.

Grab your wallet!! I think we paid $1,500.00+ for CME a few years ago. It took a few days an quite a few phone calls also.

I only used it a few times....Not too bad of a learning curve if you have some previous expierance with PLCs in general...

There are a few different levels of Machine Edition. The version for programming the Micro PLCs carries a list price around $100. When you add the ability to program the 90-30 and the VersaMax lines, the list price goes up to around $800. The most expensive is when you add programming for the 90-70 and the RX3i and RX7i lines. That bumps the price to around $2500.

There are also additional modules for programming HMI panels and Motion Controllers that can add to the price.

Those prices are approximate. I no longer have access to current list prices. Russ B can give you a more accurate list price. However, nobody pays list price. You should contact your distributor for a quotation.

Logic Developer

I show $880 for Standard and $2640 for Pro, so Steve isn't that far off. My price sheet is two years old so I might be wrong too, but it should be ballpark.