Omron Syswin and Win XP - Error

Orn Jonsson

Just put XP on the laptop a few months ago and this morning I opened Syswin (Ver3.1)for the first time under XP, and this is the error message I got.

Cannot find Syswin Dongle.
Check HL-Server is loaded for network connection

Any Ideas why the computer is all of a sudden no seeing the dongle on the paralelle port?

OJ

Yep! Same as NT - you must have been running 95, 98 or ME before. Run HLS_NT.EXE that can be found in the Dongle sub-directory to install the dongle.

Next error is: "Hardlock driver is not installed correctly" message 14

Any pointers on that one?

Do I really have to install the software as "DEMO" in order for the HL server to work?
OJ

Syswin was originally written for 95/98. NT and XP do things differently. Yes! Install as demo and then run the hardlock program. There is a text file in the Dongle directory about the issue.