Help on RSViewME Scaling

ckchew666

Hi,

I'm working on a RSViewME project, where some numeric display and numeric entry require some scaling.

For numeric display, value from PLC is from 3000 to 10000. Display is 0 - 100 %

While for numeric entry, value is 0 - 100 (from RSViewME), data to be received by PLC is 7000 - 8000.

Anyone familiar with these scaling please brief me, as I don't have PLC here to test at the moment.

Thanks a lot.

To scale numeric displays in RSView ME, you will create an "expression" in the tag properties pop-up. An expression is made up of BASIC programming-like commands. Use the expressions:

Scaled value = (input value x rate) + offset
Rate = (scaled max. - scaled min.) / (input max. - input min.)
Offset = scaled minimum - (input minimum x rate)

The same could apply going the other way although, depending on the application, it mat be easier scaling the data within the PLC.

rdub said:
To scale numeric displays in RSView ME, you will create an "expression" in the tag properties pop-up. An expression is made up of BASIC programming-like commands. Use the expressions:

Scaled value = (input value x rate) + offset
Rate = (scaled max. - scaled min.) / (input max. - input min.)
Offset = scaled minimum - (input minimum x rate)

The same could apply going the other way although, depending on the application, it mat be easier scaling the data within the PLC.

If we enter the rate, offset, min & max values at the tag (during tag creation), it won't work?

It'll work but you'll need to create a different tag for "reading" and "writing" because the two scaling factors are different