GE Fanuc PLC PS blowing fuses

hanziou

I am on site. I cycled power on a customer's equipment. When power came back the equipment would not run.

There is a GE Fanuc SeriesOne Programmable controller in the cabinet. The CPU had no indications but the input LEDs were lighting up.

After some probing found that the fuse on the PLC power supply (in a 5 slot rack) had blown.

Replaced fuse. As soon power applied, the fuse flashed.

Removed all cards and connections from rack. Fuse blows as soon as 120VAC power applied. Is there any hope for this rack?

Can the AutomationDirect D3-05B-1 be used as a direct replacement? (I known how to get those.)

There is a GE IC610CPU101C CPU, three 8ch 120VAC input cards one 8ch Relay Output card in the rack and one (5-slot) expansion rack with another 2 output relay modules.

We've replaced the GE Series One racks so often that we now stock a few replacments, and some right on the job site. The rack seems to be the weak link.

Yes the DL-305 racks are compatable.

Hi Folks....Not meaning to hijack your thread but...Is the GE series 1, the DL-305 and the Siemens TI 305 the "same thing 'cept different"? We loose Siemens TI 305 racks every once in a while with almost the same symptoms you mentioned.

Later...Todd

Todd, That's correct, they are the same thing with different brand labeling. The Series One racks seem to go south on a regular basis...We keep about 4 or 5 in stock. Out of maybe 50 units we loose one or two a year. The newer Racks from AD seem to be slightly differant and seem to hold up better.