Accumulation numbers problem

delatorre

Hi all, i have a radiation sensor (watts/m2) connected to an D2-260 plc and that I need it is to accumulate the values every minute and then convert it into joules.
The problem is that the v-memory address only counts 9999 and when it reaches this value it resets to zero and I need to accumulate at least 250000. What I can do...

I appreciate all your help

Jesus

There should be double word operations for what you need. It's been a while since I used the AD stuff, but you should be able to use LDD for load double word, ADDD for add double word and OUTD to send a result to a desired V-memory location. When you use OUTD you will send the value to the V-memory location you specify and to the next V-memory location in sequence. So, OUTD V4000 will send the value to V4000 and V4001, with V4000 getting the least significant word and V4001 getting the most significant word. The same applies to the LDD command.

I hope this helps and that the mnemonics are right. Check the AD manual for double word operations.

Keith

Jesus,

Keith is correct. Also, Load Double (LDD) will put your radiation value into a 32-bit V-memory location (plenty of room). Do not forget to leave TWO 16-bit V-memory words set aside for any Double (32-bit) operation, or you can overwrite part of your data.

Last edited:
Thank you Keith, Lancie

here is the ladder I´m using but I dont have the results I expect

ladder1.JPG

Please correct me if I´m wrong, I´m expecting to accumulate gradually in V10401 or V10402 up to 250000 an finally get in V10501 or V10502 final value of 15000 and so.

something like this but gradually with the numbers of the accumulated radiation every minute.

I appreciate your help and time guys.

Jesus

Thank you Keith, Lancie

here is the ladder I´m using but I dont have the results I expect

ladder1.JPG

Please correct me if I´m wrong, I´m expecting to accumulate gradually in V10401 or V10402 up to 250000 an finally get in V10501 or V10502 final value of 15000 and so.

something like this but gradually with the numbers of the accumulated radiation every minute.

(I think the image is not clear so, LDD is v10401, ADDD is v10601, OUTD is v10401)

I appreciate your help and time guys.

Jesus

Hi deltorre,

I think you'll want to use the MULD and DIVD instructions. They're a bit of a pain as you have to load your multiplier into the accumulator first. Something like
LD K60
MULD V10401

Check your manual for more examples.

Tim