Profibus

pgustavsson

I wonder if anyone know if it´s possible to use a timestamp
when you send a profibus telegram.
The reason for this is, I have a lot of servo inverters
and I would like to read out the temperature and the load of each motor.But though the profibus is slightly overloaded, I dont find it necessary to collect the information more then e.g once every 5 min.

Per gustavsson

Yes , but he is asking you how much data you are examining ? how many words you are reading and writing to each device ?

We are using a CPU 414-3 and on this one there´s 2 profibus masters.
One master is dedicated for the servo inverters (92 of them)
and the other master is dedicated for I/O moduls and HMI applications.
(88 moduls of them)

Data transfer

10baseT said:
Yes , but he is asking you how much data you are examining ? how many words you are reading and writing to each device ?

Hi 10baseT !
I think that right now we are using 3 words for transmiting and 3 words for reciving information from the drives.(masterdrive + and masterdrive)

The other master is controling the I/O ´s and on this one we don´t need to make any change.

Thank you very much for replaying

Per

Its worth remembering that the data you want to lift is relatively small compared to the overall network load - can I ask you what speed the bus is running at , and what makes you say that you think you are loading the network up ? ( though you are definitely making it work !) I would have though that the processor would get bogged down first , it is not a particularly powerful beast .

I'm glad to see that you have separated the I/O and HMI's .
Could you post a screen shot of the profibus diagnostics window ?