Quickpanel View scripts

Dave Powers

I am using a Quickpanel View touchscreen with Windows CE operating system. I would like to have the VBscripts and Viewscripts be able to read/write the Machine Edition variables. These variables are the PLC access var's and the internal var's that can be used for the buttons, pilot lights, etc. I have had limited success doing this. The ToggleDiscrete command works, and I have also used GetByte and SetByte, but I haven't seen a command that I can just turn on/off the ME var's. I have searched GEFanuc but have been unable to find any good documentation on this subject.

Has anyone done this before? Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Dave

that didn't work, but it did lead me to the correct spot in the documentation. I tried many variations and finally tried this one.

Boolean_variable.value = 1

I had to enter the variable name then have ".value" after it. The problem is there are at least 3 different kinds of scripts and I had to weed through the stuff that was not applicable.

Thanks for your help Steve. I will probably be posting more questions before this project is done.

It is different for VBscript. very similar, but as you can see, just enough to be a pain. I was using the VBscript so that I could have a window pop up to warn the operator. I've noticed that there are advantages for both scripts depending on what you are trying to do. I am slowly finding things in the documentation.