Basic Omron Math Help ?

mark30504

Hello

I am in need of a bit of math help on the Omron CGS1-

I am a AB Programmer so all of the conversion to do math is a bit confusing.

I have an analog input card receiving data as UINT which I am assumening is A unsigned Decimal value, not BCD or Hex ??

I need to do a simple subtract

The value displayed is &1000 as the data value.

I am assumeing "&" stands for decimal. It seems that # stands for Hex Number, is this also correct, If so or not where can I get a listing of these prefixs ?

I want to subract 200 decimal I am guessing I can use -(410) but that says signed Binary and I am UINT ??

What would the complete command look like ?

- Analog_in &200 D110

Analog_in is my Unit, I am guessing &200 might work or do I need another memory location ?

Also, DM ... data memory. I am assumeing D110 would be Data memory location 110 ?

thanks

[email protected]

Paulus said:
Hello Mark30504,

All of your assumptions are correct.
The instruction will function OK with UINT types (data in the range 0 - FFFF hex is accepted).
For manuals, try here...

http://www.knowledge.omron.com/
if you use CX-programmer software you can see to the properties of your functions and they are have #, &, +/-, blank