Symax Printout

booten

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone know how to print out an old Symax DOS ladder program on the following system either to my printer or to pdf.

XP Pro
Canon printer through router & print server.

Will I have to connect a printer directly to the LPT1.

Or will have to locate an old system to get a printout.

Thanks,

Bill

I have done it on my system by printing to a file(.doc extension and taking that and printing it out in word.

If you need help, I can do it for you.

David

George,

Symate Plus V2.06

David,

Could you explain how to print to file? I have seen that as an option but had no success in trying it.

Thanks again,

Bill

Bill,

In Sy/mate Plus

F2 PLC Offline
LOAD RUNGS,LABELS,ETC
F7 Print Program
use the space bar to toggle your choices - what you want to show on the printout
F1 to get into Printer window
now use the space bar until Printer File shows up as a choice. Once you select a file name to print to, then hit F10 to save it to the file. You will probably want to "clean it up" some in a word processor.

George

George

Tried that and it is working, I had to create the directory for it.

It is printing now very slowly.

It notice that it is printing to a .prt extension. Can I open this in word?

Thanks
Bill

Yes, it is really nothing more than a .txt file. And like george said you will have to clean it up for a non-dot matrix printer.

Bill,

Depending on your computer, the size of your program, and what you have asked it to do, it can take a few minutes. Especially if you ask it to do cross referencing, that adds time.

George