RSView ME Communication with RSLogix5000

HELLO !
I am using RsView Studio-ME with Control Logix5k processor with Ethernet driver.

I am trying to import the tags from RSLogix 5K program to RSView ME application.
I have tried this using the tag import-export utilities in RSlogix as well as RSView ME, but it didnt work.

Please let me know whether there is another way to make this happen?

With RSView ME, it is not necessary to import the RSLogix 5000 tags into the HMI tags database. Before developing your screens, you can configure RSLinx Enterprise communications so that you can browse directly to the tags in the controller, and pick the ones you want to used.

You can do this online by networking your development PC with the controller and creating a communications path in RSLinx Enterprise software. This is done by configuring a path on the Local tab of the RSLinx communications setup.

If you cannot connect to the controller directly, do you have a copy of the .acd file that is in the Logix controller? If you do, you can use the RSLinx Enterprise Local tab to associate a shortcut (similar to a topic in RSLinx classic software) that points to the offline .acd file.

You may want to check out the online Help system for RSLinx Enterprise to get started, and don't hesitate to ask further questions here...

Rick

rgurin said:
With RSView ME, it is not necessary to import the RSLogix 5000 tags into the HMI tags database. Before developing your screens, you can configure RSLinx Enterprise communications so that you can browse directly to the tags in the controller, and pick the ones you want to used.

Only if your development computer is connected to the PLC network, right?

And, what about alarm tags? Can you browse directly to a tag that needs to be alarmed in the Panelview?

akreel is correct that when you create the RSLinx Enterprise communications configuration, you must be connected to the PLC network in order to create a shortcut that can access both the online and offline tag files. Once you have created the shortcut, you are able to work with the offline tag file if you are disconnected from the network (Caution: Don't accidentally try to browse the online tags, you could hang up your system!) I just tested this to make sure it worked.

Regarding the alarm tags question, you *can* browse to tags that need to be alarmed in the PanelView Plus terminal. This is because the RSView ME alarm system behaves differently than the RSView SE alarming. (Because ME is geared towards machine-level applications, the alarming is not as robust as the SE or RSView32 alarming).

Rick

Thanks

Thanks a lot Rick and Ackreel !

You guys are correct. But the problem i am facing here is that though i get online and offline tags, here no description for these tags is available and i need large no of tags for application.
Also i need to give "SECURITY CODE" for "EACH TAG" and i couldnot find "SECURITY" option in tag editor.
So, i used "Export Rsview tag database to CSV file" and here i found " security code as * " , so i edited this column with required security codes and description for each tag and then i imported as "import rsview tag csv file". But i couldnot find these tags into application as the Help says Rsview Studio creates its folder path for tags to be imported. Where the files being imported getting saved??
Thanks for your further support in advance !

The import tags should be in the hmi tag folder in rsview studio. I believe if you open the tag folder then you should get a listing of the imported tags.